Anton will tell about specific aspects of using modern C++ standards in World of Tanks game engine.
He'll cover the following questions:
- how metaprogramming is used for reflection of native functions into Python scripting language;
- why it isn't a job for Boost.Python;
- how we can completely reinvent parameter passing in function, using the mechanism proposed by Anton and new С++20 features;
- how this mechanism can be implemented, what are its benefits and drawbacks;
- how reflection of material parameters is implemented for 3D models and how we can optimize this process with minimal damage to readability and usability in application code.
This talk is aimed at people interested in particular details of implementing different subsystems inside of game engines, and also at people passionate about unorthodox approaches and solutions in writing C++ code.